Notice

All the books displayed are still available. The Sold Out ones already been removed, to make the scrolling and browsing easier.

i've sold quite a number of books (see the Sold Out list on the Left column, bottom) & other stuff too, and im a long time seller (since 2007).. So shop with confidence and you're always welcome for 'shopblog-walking' :)

As usual, Buy More and Discount More :)

P/S: bookshop owner out there, feel free to email and request to be linked :)

Thank You

Sunday, December 16, 2012

#Memories of my Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Memories of my Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Synopsis:
"The year I turned ninety, I wanted to give myself the gift of a night of wild love with an adolescent virgin." So begins Memories of My Melancholy Whores, and it becomes even more unlikely as the novel unfolds. This slim volume contains the story of the sad life of an unnamed, only slightly talented Colombian journalist and teacher, never married, never in love, living in the crumbling family man
se. He calls Rosa Cabarcas, madame of the city's most successful brothel, to seek her assistance. Rosa tells him his wish is impossible--and then calls right back to say that she has found the perfect girl.

The protagonist says of himself: "I have never gone to bed with a woman I didn't pay ... by the time I was fifty there were 514 women with whom I had been at least once ... My public life, on the other hand, was lacking in interest: both parents dead, a bachelor without a future, a mediocre journalist ... and a favorite of caricaturists because of my exemplary ugliness."



Condition:
Good as new, Hardcover version

Price:
RM 12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment